Our hastily arranged rematch against Fleet Town Football Club took place at ‘Madgwick’ on Tuesday evening, 16th April. The match was rearranged after the original fixture was abandoned the previous Saturday due to a serious injury to a Fleet Town player. Both clubs agreed that proceeds from the match would be donated to the Ambulance Service charity, which had worked wonders alongside the respective club physios last Saturday after the incident. We raised £370 for the charity.

As for the match, we welcomed back Thompson Adjemi and Nick ‘Tricky’ Wilson to the side, while Carl Oblitey took a place on the substitutes’ bench. Unfortunately, we fell behind to a very good strike from a Fleet Town forward on 5 minutes after a slight defensive mistake. We responded well and drew level in the 13th minute, thanks to a cross from the right by Luke Miller; our striker, Will Kendall, was on hand to put the ball into the net. We dominated the first half, with Jaevon Dyer causing all sorts of problems for the Fleet Town defence. The half ended 1-1.

There were no changes in personnel as the second half began. We got one of our luckiest breaks of the season on 53 minutes when a Fleet Town defender passed the ball into his own net under pressure from Will Kendall. We extended our lead after a good move that ended with Thompson Adjemi challenging the Fleet Town goalkeeper; his header came back off the post and into the path of Will Kendall, who scored to make it 3-1. Fleet Town’s indiscipline saw their dangerous goal-scoring player sent to the sin bin for ten minutes soon afterwards. We made it 4-1 in injury time after a jinking run in the penalty box by Luke Miller, who slammed the ball into the corner of the Fleet Town net. The final whistle blew soon afterwards.

This was a very good team performance, with some excellent individual displays. Importantly, it moved us up a place in the table and put us 5 points off the team lying bottom. We have two games left, with another home game against play-off chasing Abbey Rangers this Saturday, followed by our season finale away at Guildford City on Saturday, 27th April.